(**Bulletin)Elderly man dies from early morning fire in his apartment in Jamestown...
An elderly man has died from smoke inhalation after fire broke out early Thursday in an apartment on Jamestown's northside.  Acting City Fire Battalion Chief Tim Glenn says crews were called to the scene at 21 Carey Place shortly about 1:15 a.m., and, says they found flames coming from the upper part of the structure.  Glenn says fire was visable from the rear second-floor, and crews got inside.  He says they found the man unresponsive in his apartment and he was rushed to UPMC Chautauqua WCA Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.  Glenn says the man's identify is not being released at this time... and, may be later by City police.  He says firefighters were able to get the flames out fairly quickly... and, they determined the cause was an electric space heater being placed too close to combustables.  Fire damage was confined to the man's room.  Glenn says the victim's body was taken to the Erie County Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy.  He says crews were at the scene until about 7:30 this morning... and an off-duty shift of 12 firefighters was called in.  No firefighters were hurt in battling the blaze.
 

Our Daily Deal

Get your $50.00 gift certificate for hair care services for 50% OFF while supplies last!

BUY NOW!

Local News

WJTN News Headlines for Nov. 12, 2018

Jamestown police have found the man who is accused of robbing the 7-Eleven Store on the city's eastside last Friday afternoon...   City Police Captain Bob Samuelson says investigators arre...

Read More


Join Us Online